Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Newsday

Timestamp says this morning because I started the post this morning. It's really around 8:00 p.m.

I really don't have much to talk about.

Monday's LAS class was fairly similar to last Friday's class except the actual professor taught, but we talked about the same things as Friday. Claims, warrants, and reasons. Not a difficult concept.

Psychology had a 60 question multiple choice test. I am fairly certain I passed it.

Spanish class was different. We analyzed news articles in Spanish and we analyzed a poem in Spanglish. It was pretty fun actually but rather difficult for me because I just do not have a big vocabulary in Spanish.

English was boring. I wouldn't usually say that but this time it was not very engaging. We were pre-writing for our essays, and we were following the questions in the book, and I tried to take the time she gave us for each question. It just was too much time for me because I would complete the task quickly. And I was tired too, and it was difficult to stay awake. Not a good experience, but we got out early, and there's no class Friday and Monday.

I did my psych and LAS homework and then I hung out with my floormates. There's nothing that is of major interest to blog readers there; we just talk and behave like girls our age do.

My roomie and I filled out the roommate contract. Pretty simple and we had no major conflicts about it.

Today I got up and went to the coffee shop where I actually got to make some coffee and a shot of espresso! Gasp!!

I went to the Study Abroad Fair and I really want to go to Argentina or Spain. A country that is Spanish-speaking would be a plus for my Spanish minor experience. Besides, college in Argentina costs next to nothing, according to the TA for my Spanish class. She should know since she is from Buenos Aires! :)

I finished my homework this afternoon and read four newspapers. One of the girls and I were chatting about our respective high schools, and so I showed her the senior video. She thought it was pretty good. :)

I have Bible study in about an hour, so I think I will read for a while. I feel pretty settled-in now that I have cooked steak on a pizza pan, learned the combo to my girlfriends' room, and spoken with the cleaning lady about how contacts feel.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is in Buenos Aires this semester - I'm not sure if he's with the same program you would be going with, but I'm sure he would love to answer questions if/when you get to a point where you actually have to choose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be cool- please email me the info! :)

    ReplyDelete