Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Saturday

I got sick this morning, so instead of going to the service project like I had intended, I stayed here. My breakfast didn't agree with me and I didn't think the group would want me to handle food after I threw up. But I am feeling better now.

I missed the dining hall hours, but the grill was still open, so I did get to eat once I got to feeling like I wanted food.

Believe it or not, it has actually been a fairly decent day. I've been here a week and I think I will grow to think of Simpson as home.

Right now, I have my window open, and I can hear frogs croaking in the park, as well as cicadas and crickets chirping. The temperature is wonderful. I see people in the park under the lamp lights. It's a tranquil summer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment