Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MORE snow!

These photos are from my friend E's camera; she and I went outside and played in the blizzard. :D

Er. This is me, being silly. Yes to the Ws, that IS the remnant of my graham cracker house.

This is how I stay warm- Leggings under jeans!

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I AM knee-deep in snow! :D

E decapitated me! But I think this is a funny picture.

Singing in the... Snow?

Whiteout conditions, which are currently continuing, actually.

Snow angel!

Snow angel again!

Yes, there is a huge blurry spot. I think it was a snowflake on the lens.

I was doing a roundoff. Yeah Tumbling!

This is the backside of my dorm. I live on this side but you can't see my window.

Cartwheeling in the snow!

It may be immature, but I really like that umbrella and The Oracle of Squishy.


My 8 and 9 AM classes are canceled tomorrow.

Forecast, quoted from a campus email: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 14 INCHES ARE ANTICIPATED FOR MUCH OF CENTRAL IOWA... ISOLATED AMOUNTS UP TO 16 INCHES ARE FORECAST FROM EAST OF DES MOINES TO SOUTH OF WATERLOO...NORTHWEST WINDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH... WITH GUSTS OF 45 TO 50 MPH ARE EXPECTED. VISIBILITY LESS THAN ONE QUARTER OF A MILE ARE EXPECTED FROM THE HEAVY SNOW THIS EVENING FROM TIME TO TIME. HOWEVER...BY THE TIME THE WINDS INCREASE OVERNIGHT AND INTO WEDNESDAY...WHITEOUT CONDITIONS WILL BECOME COMMON WITH VISIBILITIES FREQUENTLY NEAR ZERO... SNOW DRIFTS OF 8 TO 12 FEET ARE POSSIBLE BY WEDNESDAY. WIND CHILL READINGS ON WEDNESDAY WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 20 BELOW ZERO.

I think the proper phrase is, "Good grief!"

The International students amuse me a little- they are all a bit overwhelmed by the Iowa weather! But they've got good warm clothes, so they'll be okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment