Sunday, February 28, 2010

it's a full moon tonight

Well, Friday after my 2:00 class I didn't want to do any homework, so a friend and I decorated doors! I have a roll of shiny paper and we wrapped my door and my friends' door and made a decoration for our CA's door. That took us most of the afternoon and then three of us girls went to work out and do what we normally do on Fridays: nothing interesting!

Saturday I got up and went to a professor's house to learn about Purim which is a Jewish holiday. (Same professor as Rosh Hashanah) Purim is a celebration of the deliverance from Haman's plot to kill the Jews in the story of Queen Esther. We didn't go to synagogue but we made hamantaschen which is a triangle shaped cookie with jelly in the middle. They were soooooo goood. The cookies are triangle shaped because Haman wore a 3 cornered hat. Other than that we didn't really do much Purim-related but we did talk about the different sects of Judaism which I found interesting.

After the Purim fun, we returned to campus and I tried to do homework. Got reading and my WSS journal done, but not the Spanish studying. Agh. I plan on doing that today.

I've been invited to be in an honor society and I think I shall join, it can't hurt, anyway. I get an extra scholarship opportunity.

Time for me to go off for church. Toodleoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment