Wednesday, February 24, 2010

busybusybusy

This week is a busy one for me. It's midterm week, so I've got two tests, one was Monday and one is Friday. The test on Monday was my Religion test and I am certain I did well; I didn't feel worried at all when I was taking it. Friday is my Spanish vocabulary test, and I am nervous because I'm having a hard time shoving the words into my head. I'm trying to study, though, so hopefully I will not bomb.

Monday night I helped package meals for an organization called Meals from the Heartland- they're packaging food for Haiti right now. There will be about 2 million meals when they get done. I am going to go again Thursday (tomorrow).

Monday night ended up being drama night for me. My two girlfriends who live together have been irritable and not very communicative with each other, and the rest of us (me and two others) finally just ambushed them and told them to get their heads on straight and grow up. It was an hour-long talk but it was very tiring because I ended up being the mediator. It's scary when one isn't listening and the other is freaking out... However, once we got it all out there, it seemed to get through to them, and I think they are really trying to work on it now.

However a second drama involving one of those girls and one of us others has arisen out of that because the one of us others decided she didn't want to room with the first girl after all, and flip-flopped on her. Once the first girl cools down I think it will be okay.

Tuesday was full of homework and dance class (which was SO FUN!!) and the second-year area tour. I decided which building I want to live in and I don't have to worry about finding a roommate, so I am less stressed about that.

Today I had my classes and after math I started getting a headache because I am getting stressed. Spanish was just about impossible because my head was hurting and I couldn't remember words. It was very frustrating, but I managed to get through the class okay.

Stressors:
- drama with my friends part 1
- drama with my friends part 2
- math homework load plus math test this coming Tuesday
- worries about not being able to complete my Wesley Service hours and get that $500 scholarship
- deadlines coming soon, including Methodist scholarship deadlines and WSS deadline, plus two papers due March 12
- One of my friends from home was in a bad car accident

But there are good things too:
- sending a letter to a good friend and she got it the very next day!
- the sun is shining so prettily and I've been seeing the moon during the day
- Birds are returning! (crows)
- my hyacinth is starting to grow at last
- my room is clean
- I have the Methodist scholarships done, I just need an envelope to send them in, plus postage.
- I get to help feed hungry people with MFH!
- I get to read the New Testament for class. :D
- God is good! The friend who was in the bad car accident was barely hurt, despite the fact that she should probably have died.

Today I saw a fortune cookie paper that read: "Turn your scars into stars" so that's what I'm doing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment