Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time to say goodbye

This is the beginning of the last week of school until summer. I am ready for a change of pace (read: to go home). I have a 3-5 page paper to complete, and I already have 1 1/2 pages done, so I'll be just fine. I wrote that 1 1/2 pages in the space of about an hour and a half, so I think I will be done soon.

People are starting to wear on my nerves who haven't been doing so previously. I think this means it's almost time go go. One person in particular keeps asking me how I'm doing on my paper when it's clear I'm doing something else, and it has been frustrating. I actually wrote the 1 1/2 pages because she annoyed me to the point of actually working on it beyond the two paragraphs I've had written for forever.

Tuesday my May Term class is going to Des Moines for a field trip to immigration stuff. It will be very interesting, I'm sure. If nothing else, I won't have to sit at a desk for the time span between 11:45 and 2:30...

I have been listening to my new favorite band, She & Him, comprised of Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward. Zooey sings and M. plays. It feels like 60's music, kind of like a cross between Simon and Garfunkel and The Carpenters.

I had milk in a glass bottle today. It was a new experience. The milk was chocolate and tasted good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Re: people getting on one's nerves. Seems to be an end-of-the-year thing. Just keep that in mind and hope others keep it in mind and don't let anything too terrible come of it. :)

    ReplyDelete