Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain rain rain

It's been rainy and cloudy here the past few days, and I'm starting to get tired of it. At least it actually stormed this morning- something a little different. The sun will come again soon enough.

Last night I went to Wal-mart and ended up spending about $30 for hearing aid batteries, juice, crayons, coloring books, and a thing of bubbles. The batteries were the expensive part- the "kid stuff" cost less than $7. The crayons smell great... Brings back memories of being a kid. A 24 pack of Crayolas cost me $1.14, only 2 cents more than the 16 pack. Nice. Plus the coloring books were $1 each, and I got 3, and the bubbles cost me $2. I know that this isn't exactly "responsible" use of my money, but I need something to do besides sit around on the internet, and coloring is fun, stress-relieving, and in all a positive thing. I could have bought much more expensive stuff.

I'm also participating in a contest, so that's another project to work on. I am supposed to make a video to explain my experience with my FM. Right now I'm working on a script.

I've also been packing up (sort of) to go home. I have some packing still to do, but I don't go anywhere til next Friday the 21st anyway, so it's okay.


You're probably wondering if I am doing my homework, and the answer is yes. But I don't have very much homework; the last thing I had to do was read a website and take notes. For the final grade I have to write a 3-5 page paper about immigration. I've been learning a lot about immigration, and I must say, my views are starting to change. It's conflicting, though. Perhaps it is cognitive dissonance. I am all for keeping to the letter of the law. But I think the law is not the way it should be. Today is the two year anniversary of the Postville raid. The human aspect is just so difficult to reconcile with the law. I am also upset because the people at the plant in Postville were treated SO poorly and the law has not gone after the supervisors/owners very much. Rubashkin, the former owner, is on trial for child labor abuses, and I'm glad he is. It's hard to believe this goes on in IOWA. This is not justice.


My weekend at Grinnell was fun, thanks to my dear friend there. <3 Even if we did mess up the cake... haha :D

Last night was fun at dance class too. Next Tuesday is my last lesson and I will miss the party because I'll be at home. Oh well. Even though I had a headache last night, I had fun.

I got my pottery back from the pottery thing on campus. It turned out the way I wanted it to, so yay! :)

2 comments:

  1. Coloring books are awesome!!!! Which ones did you get?
    You're doing some sort of ballroom dance right? I really want to take some classes!!!! haha
    You, Amanda and I need to get together and play the Wii again.... :]
    That's all for this comment.... but I think I am going to attack your other posts too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll show them to you!

    And it was ballroom one session, swing another, and this current session was "Dances you'll do at weddings" hahaha

    AND YES WII.

    ReplyDelete