Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pants on the Ground guy is awesome.

"General" Larry Platts, who was a participant in the Bloody Sunday march back in the Civil Rights movement, appeared on American Idol and sang this self-penned song:
Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin like a fool with you pants on the ground
Gold in your mouth
Hat turned sideways, pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat looking like a fool
Walking down town
With your pants on the ground!

Here's the Youtube video.



Both basketball teams won yesterday over Coe. Kohawk? What is that? I dunno, but we Storm made it roadkill! Both of our teams won by over 10 points. And the pep band played fun music, like usual. I still can't play the school song, and I got stuck sitting next to someone who actually could, so I was a bit embarrassed. But I still had fun.

There is a giant ice column on the side of the dining hall. It's probably 3 feet wide and 2 and a half feet thick. It's amazing. I'll take a picture sometime. Right now the light is failing so it's not a good time. Things are melting here and the column just keeps getting bigger and bigger. There was also fog Friday and today. But it feels almost spring-like after the bitter cold that began the year.

Last night I stayed up late with my girlfriends. After pep band we went to Walmart b/c I needed hearing aid batteries, and then we went to Taco John's. I spilled pop in my friend's car because there was a screw in the cupholder and it punctured my cup. What a waste. :(

Anyway, after that we went down to Family Video and rented some movies- Driving Miss Daisy, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, and Swing Vote. We watched Nick and Norah (I didn't really like it. Too teenagery.) and then we watched Driving Miss Daisy, which I thought was sweet and interesting, even if it does have weird time warps in it. We haven't watched Swing Vote yet, but I've seen part of it before, and I think it will be okay.

After the movies my one girlfriend and I were reaaallllly silly, and there was much goofing around with a foam sword and "laser" gun. One of the others gave me a new piece of clothing (it didn't fit her anymore) and there was goofiness involved with that. Then we had one of those late-night talk sessions that become serious and it was enlightening and a bit saddening too, hearing how their pasts haunt them...

Speaking of saddening, poor Haiti! It had not clicked for me until today when I saw a disturbing image showing how they were dealing with the bodies... So very sad. I am planning to donate money tomorrow at the MLK Day service.

This morning I got up and went to church, and I'm glad I did, because it had a message for me that was a bit like being whacked upside the head with a 2x4. It was a big reminder of my own sin, and I have repented of that sin and asked the person I sinned against for forgiveness.

And to end on a light note: BABY ANIMALS!!!
http://thedesigninspiration.com/articles/70-cutie-baby-animals-bring-your-a-good-mood/

No comments:

Post a Comment