Saturday, January 16, 2010

before pep band...

Well it's Saturday of the first week of this semester, and it's going to be a busy semester, based on the homework load. Example: For Monday, I had/have to read for Lit p 392-413 and p 757-772, for New Testament, ch. 3 of the book and Matthew chapters 1, 5,6,and 7, for Spanish, a dictionary with pages 31-39 (and do some writing on that), and I have a calculus worksheet due Tuesday. But I've got all that done except the Spanish and the calculus.

My two favorite classes so far are New Testament and Spanish. New Testament is great because it is a different way of looking at the Bible and it helps put the Bible into context. I also really like the professor; she's an ordained Methodist minister and she really knows her topic. Spanish is great because the professor is a funny guy. He actually made a joke in class yesterday that was a pun and I think I was the first person to get it. Also, I know many of the people in the class because they were in my Spanish class last semester, AND the TA is also helping with the class.

Women's lit is okay. I am learning about the history of feminism, with the waves and all that jazz. There is discussion but we have so many people in the class it's hard to get a word in edge-wise. Definitely not like my AP lit class in high school (just me and one other student!). Believe it or not, there are actually some guys in the class, and they even talk in class! Amazing.

My calculus class terrified me at first, because I thought, "Oh no! I've forgotten all of this!" However I realized that I remembered more than I thought, and the prof has done review, so I am no longer terrified. There's going to be a study group on Monday nights with a math major, so I am going to take advantage of that. I turned in my first assignment yesterday and I think I did okay on it.

My roommate quit her job, so she's around more. She tends to talk on her phone A LOT which is okay except for when she is fighting with her boyfriend. Then, it's just annoying. Karma got her yesterday, because she'd left the light on til midnight (Thursday night), keeping me awake, and then her class got moved to 8 AM Friday...

Well, it is time for me to get ready for pep band. I have to be at the gym in 15 minutes. Maybe we will win! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment