Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday Wackiness...

Procrastination for the win.


This video is very cute, and the title lyric keeps playing in my head.




I did four homework assignments yesterday,and I did one and started another today. I think I'm allowed a tiny break today.

I've been pretty busy since the weekend. I've got 2 papers due Friday (one's done, the other's started) and a major reading assignment due Friday as well. Next Monday-Wednesday is midterm time, but I think none of my classes have midterms.

Monday was a good day, just learning things about other people who I never took the time to get to know in high school. I am learning some valuable lessons. 1- if you were a jerk to someone, even if only in your head, apologizing is pretty much awesome, and makes things better. 2- the person you talk to is actually pretty interesting, and you should kick yourself for not having been nicer to said person. 3- Don't judge people by their actions. Maybe they don't know they're being rude. It was a good conversation, and I also REALLY learned these things, not just thought them.

Also on Monday, my girlfriend who was in swim team finally quit. We have been waiting for that! My CA actually said "Congratulations!" when she said she was quitting! She has been doing too much, and she seems happier and healthier now that she has had a chance to recover a bit. However, she wanted to keep working out, so we started working out today.

Tuesday I started my ballroom dance class! I was super-excited before and I still am after. I was a tiny bit late, maybe 3 minutes, because it was dark and I had to drive in the rain (a friend let me borrow her car, her mom said it was okay- the friend was sick, sadface). However, I was one of 3 single ladies, and we all danced the guy part and the girl part with each other. I tended to dance the guy part and they'd do the girl part (it was easier for me to learn the steps), and then the lady instructor would dance the guy part with me, and I'd dance the girl part. We learned 2 steps for Foxtrot, and will continue next week with a turning move for Foxtrot and starting the Waltz. It should be pretty fun. :D

Also Tuesday, I missed out on the seasonal (Not H1N1)flu shot clinic because by the time I got there, they were out. They are offering the H1N1 shot/mist at the Administration Building for free, but I hesitate to use an untested vaccination.

Today my girlfriend who quit swim team and I worked out in the weight room. It totally kicked my butt, because it was the first time I REALLY worked out in quite a while (read: since Spring), but "it hurts so good" as she said. We did squats, lat pulls, a few arm curls, and 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical machines, after that she did crunches and I kind of just laid on the floor, feebly doing about 40 crunches total. We are going to work out together for an hour every day except weekends (Sat&Sun). Neither of us can do a workout on our own and stick with it, but together we can do it!

Tonight's campus worship was good. There's a song called The Stand that is very emotional, strong, etc. I like it. Also, I've found out that my LAS professor is not actually a flaming atheist. That is a comfort.

Shout-out to my family- I love you all! :)
Shout-out to the W. family, you know who you are. I love you guys. All of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment