Saturday, October 10, 2009

Simpson Homecoming Weekend

This week has been homecoming week here at Simpson, and the festivities have been great. Not only is there a mental health screening, there are jokes about the Ugly Central Girls...

But anyway, I digress.

Wednesday night. Campus Worship. The pep band *that I was not in* played songs and the RLC folks made up new lyrics. I thought it was funny but vaguely blasphemous, particularly when they made "Stacy's Mom" into "Jesus' Mom"... Yikes. There was no sermon, either. But we sang the school song! And had lots of Bible verses!

Thursday night. Float, Sink, or Swim. This was pretty awesome. Two person boats, made of cardboard and duct tape, must make it across the swimming pool and back. Some of them sank pretty badly- a sorority didn't duct tape their whole boat, and it went down... It was fun to watch.

Friday night. Yell Like Hell. This is a pep rally, but it wasn't really that peppy to me. The pep band played *I was there this time* and there were a lot of groups that did stomping routines. Broke Phi Broke was probably the best- 7 guys and some pretty awesome stunts. There was SAE, who had a guy who did back handsprings and back flips. Also, they crowned the homecoming king and queen. The guy who did the tricks was king and I don't know who the queen was.

This morning. I woke up to find that it was snowing! There was supposed to be pep band at the football game today, but our director called it off. Phew. I was worried that I would have to freeze at the game. Our stadium is outdoors, not in... Brrr!! Anywho, I am not going to the game at all. I'll look at the score online or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment