Tuesday, September 28, 2010

homecoming and tiredness

This week is Simpson's homecoming. I am not terribly excited, but there's always the chance to watch people be dumb at Float Sink or Swim and Yell Like Hell (the pep rally), and the football game. Honestly, homecoming seems to be a waste. It's just taking my precious energy resources and putting them to a silly use. On the plus side, it's a stress-reliever.

http://www.simpson.edu/slideshows/150kickoff/ This is what was going on last Friday (the 24th).

I am very tired today as I woke up at least four times last night. I haven't been sleeping completely through the night lately, but that was just once a night, usually around 4 am, and I could deal with it. Last night was just a wash. My body aches, as well. I am guessing I may be getting sick. At least I got most of my homework done yesterday, so I was able to take a nap today. I had a dream involving a giant koi fish and me in a pond during this nap...

I finally started working on homework that I've been procrastinating on. I haven't gotten any part of it done, but I have started several parts of it. This makes me feel a little better.

I've been playing my clarinet a lot lately. I have been practicing for Chapel Winds. We will be playing for a special Sunday service at 10 on the 3rd. I will also be singing with Revelation Singers at that service.

On Saturday pep band was in the Log Cabin Days parade and we rode on a tour-trailer with a roof. The roof was a blessing because we were able to play despite the rain! It poured at the end of the parade and we didn't get soaked.

This song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI01P4hCaGM&feature=related has been caught in my head a lot. The video is sort of related but not really.

I have more to talk about but I have to go to class now so I will write another post when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment